The third annual Napa Flipbook Competition has found it’s winner!
This year we received a great amount of flipbooks so the jury made a decision to judge them in two separate categories. The jury chose one winner for both children and adults categories. Altogether there was 170 creations from Portugal, France, Germany, Estonia, Hungary, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Sweden, Belgium, United Kingdom, Switzerland and Finland.
The jury members were: animation director Anna Virtanen, graphic designer Hanna Valle, Napa gallery society’s Anna-Kaisa Koski and artists Jenni Rope and Johanna Rope.
And the winners are:
Over 16 years Competition:
1. Samuli Otto-Henrik Saarinen: Hyrsky (Finland) / Prize: Publishing contract with Napa Books
2. Jenny Suhonen: I love being darkness (Finland) / Book prize
3. Tommi Liimatta: Kauko kokee (Finland) / Book prize
Honorary prize: Caroline Cosson (Belgium) / Book prize
Under 16 years Competition:
1. Emma Uosukainen: Kukka (Finland) / Book prize
2. Karri Pitkänen: The Building (Finland) / Book prize
Shared Third prize:
Matleena Parviainen: Kasvi kasvaa (Finland) /Book prize
Kauri Pälsi: Pienestä suurta (Finland) / Book prize
Jaakko Pentinsaari: Lieju (Finland) / Book prize
All the winning flipbooks can be viewed while Nene Tsuboi´s exhibition at Napa Gallery December 1st – 21rd. The winning flipbook will be available for purchase at the Napa Gallery and Napa Books webshop from December 10th.
Congratulations to all winners and thank you for all the participants!